Wednesday, June 3, 2015

DIY Project I Vintage Tin Can Flower Pots


When I was in grade 3 or 4, one of our school projects was to grow a couple of plants using recycled tin cans. My dear dad brought big empty cans of powdered milk from work where I (or should I say my dad) planted mung beans and native pepper (siling labuyo). It was a delight to compare what I had with those of my classmates'. Last weekend, I kicked that project up a notched by planting some flowering plants in vintage tin cans. These rustic planters are so perfect for our equally rustic picnic table in the backyard.

Materials: Vintage tin cans (I got mine for 50 cents a piece from a yard sale), inexpensive flowering plants, potting soil


Easy as 1, 2 ,3!
1. Using a big nail and hammer, put holes at the bottom of the cans for drainage,
2. Put just enough potting soil in can.
3. Plant your your favorite annual flowers and water regularly.


Voila!


I love how they embellish my unpainted and dated picnic table!


Speaking of picnics, we have one at least every other day here in the backyard and we are loving every minute of it! Ah, the joys of  spring .... pure bliss!



Linking with : Tweak it Tuesday
                        Inspire Me Tuesday
                        Treasure Hunt Thursday




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...