Monday, April 13, 2015

Chicken Inspired Spring Centerpiece


A couple of weekends ago, we "officially opened" our Jardin du Poulet for our girls. As I shared in my previous post {My Girls are Adopted}, this part of "La Grand Maison" is where the sun and dust bathing occur. But due to the amount of ice and snow that accumulated in that part of the chicken house, we had to close it during the entire winter months. You can just imagine the excitement of the girls when they can finally roam in their garden again!

Pruning the trees, raking the old leaves and adding diatomaceous earth are definitely in order in the coming weeks. In the meantime, the excitement of the girls are contagious that I drew my inspiration from this scene when I worked on a spring centerpiece for our breakfast table.


The colors {green, brown/black, orange, yellow and blue} plus the elements {chickens, trees/leaves, puddle of ice and earth} were my blueprints for coming up with this ....


I planted English Ivy and Muscari on small plastic pots for my greens then put them on this containers for embellishment : ceramic measuring cup from my kitchen and the galvanized iron container is from Michaels' Market Collection. 


Other embellishments include this metal and  resin chicken on a drinking well figurine I got from one of our junking shopping trips, egg cup holders, spring table napkins and jelly beans.


How do I love spring? Let me count the ways .....















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...