Saturday, October 5, 2013

Grilled Trout and Vegetables Soft Taco with Garlicky Coriander Sauce


It's been a month and a half now since I started my "journey to a healthier me". After a series of very high blood pressure readings, my physician and I agreed to regulate my salt and fat intake and engage in regular physical activities instead of taking pills to address the readings. One thing I am good at is ... if I commit myself to achieving something, I will do anything in my power to succeed. So far, I lost 13 pounds and and my BP is now down to 135/85 mm Hg (from 185/100 mm Hg).

Since I love to eat, I don't want to deprive myself with flavours that my taste buds are so used to. Instead of eliminating a lot of things from my diet, I focused on preparing food that are bursting with flavors and the best way of doing that is eating with the seasons. My mantra: Bring to the table what the season has to offer!

Hubby and I went to a nearby farm and found some yellow squash and zucchini. I have bell peppers and portobello mushrooms left over from previous recipe so hubby fired up the grill and I tossed in the fresh veggies and a trout for a delicious soft taco dinner.


The sweetness of grilled veggies was complemented by the garlicky, creamy coriander sauce.


Bursting with colors and flavours, this soft taco recipe will definitely go to my real keeper recipe list.


I am losing weight and yet having delicious concoction like this for dinner. The  journey is more fun that I thought it would be!

Grilled Trout and Vegetables Soft Taco with Garlicky Coriander Sauce

Ingredients
2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise ( about 4 slices per zucchini)
1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise
2 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
2 small yellow squash, cut lengthwise
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium size fresh trout
6 pieces flour tortilla
Salt and pepper

Procedure
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on both sides of all the vegetables
Season with salt and pepper
Grill until all vegetable are heated through and tender. (mushrooms will be ready in about 5 minutes)
 
Season trout with salt and pepper.
Grill until well done
Let it cool and remove meat from bones

Garlicky Coriander Sauce

Ingrediants
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
6 cloves garlic, grated (add more if you wish)
1/2 cup coriander (leaves and stems, finely chopped)
Salt and pepper

Procedure
Put yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic and coriander in a mixing bowl.
Using a spatula or spoon, mix ingredients thoroughly.
Season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to intensify the flavour

To Assemble
Heat tortilla on both sides
Arrange slices of grilled vegetables in the middle of tortilla
Add grilled trout on top of vegetables
Put a dollop (or two) of the garlic/coriander sauce
Fold tortilla and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...