Monday, July 29, 2013

Fruits of {his} Labor


This time of the year, we start to enjoy the "fruits" of my hubby's labor from his garden. And this year is no exception!

He planted 3 varieties of tomatoes last May. All are thriving very well with lots of unripe fruits. Almost everyday, I would visit the bushes hoping to see reds among the greens. Then it happened! The cherry variety finally answered my plea and blessed us the first batch of sweet cherry tomatoes. I was planning to do a special recipe to celebrate the first "harvest" but couldn't resist eating them au naturel - so fresh, very sweet and crunchy! Thank God for simple blessings like these!


Three days after, we got more ....


The herbs are also screaming to be pruned and so we did .... this is already the third basil harvest ...


By dinner time, we opened a bottle of Pinot Grigio and feasted on this simple yet delicious fresh tomato, basil and bocconcini salad. To officially mark the "first harvest", I drizzled the salad with my for-special-occasion-only-Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena {which I honestly and carefully hand carried from Italy} and some olive oil.

Good food does not need to be elaborate - fresh and fine ingredients always make my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...