Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bites and Nibbles @ Le Cartet

Great food + chic ambiance + friendly service = Le Cartet!

When I am on business trip, I normally eat breakfast at the hotel to maximize the time. On this particular trip, I finished all the tasks at hand earlier than expected so I was able to enjoy a brunch at this highly recommended resto-boutique.


The place is still closed when I got there but there was already a short line of excited foodies waiting. Once inside, I  was impressed by Le Cartet's trendy ambiance - high ceilings, long harvest table for communal dining and perfect light giving the place an airy feel.

After minutes of deliberation (there's so much on the menu that I wish to try}, I finally settled for brunch sante: 2 perfectly poached eggs served on top of toasted country bread with lightly dressed mesclun salad,
Cheddar cheese, fruits and dried fig. 

It also came with a bowl of to die for creamy Greek yoghurt topped with ginger granola and plump blueberries. I drizzled it with honey and my oh my - the tartness of the berries,  the creaminess of the thick yoghurt, the crunchiness of the flavorful granola plus the sweetness of the honey - that made my day!


I'll be back for sure. In the meantime ....bonne journee!

Le Cartet on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...