Monday, August 13, 2012

Bites and Nibbles @ Le Pain Quotidien

Location : 660 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington D.C.
Claim to Fame : Ogranic meals; artisan organic bread  
 
The long line at Market Lunch made this unplanned visit to Le Pain Quotidient possible. Aside from the fact that this place is the nearest to the Eastern Market where we already were, the omelettes served to the customers having alfreco brunch looked inviting. The first thing I noticed  inside the rustic-looking-restaurant is the long communal table made out of wood but be opted for a smaller and "private" table by the window {always a good source of natural light for my photos}.


Hubby and I both ordered the omelettes - Paris ham and gruyere for him and wild mushrooms and goat cheese pour moi. There's light and fresh green salad on the side which I enjoyed. The crusty and hearty bread were delicious with or without butter - I can have this as my "le pain quotidien"{daily bread} hands down! The omelettes were average so was the coffee. BUT the Noir, oh the dark chocolate spread available on each table with other jams for you to feast on was perfect! I am not usually a fan of chocolate but this one made it on my list.

Now for the not so good .... the service was sooooo slow. Don't get me wrong. We always enjoy a relaxed and unhurried meals specially when on vacation BUT to wait for our coffee for 20 minutes, another 40 minutes  for our food and yet another 20 minutes for a glass of water was a bit too much for a place that was not too crowded. If not for the long wait, the dining experience was truly nice.

Le Pain Quotidien on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...