Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year to ... EXPLORE


Happy 2012!

I'm not fond of making new year's resolutions for the simple reason that can't keep them! Instead, I vow to EXPLORE the opportunities that come with a brand new year.






Inspired by the word EXPLORE and the sketch from Card Patterns, I made my first card for the year which I intend to mail to myself to remind me life is too short to not to spread my wings wider and discover new things, faces, and places.
When I was looking for craft materials to express my current state of mind, it seemed like the stars are totally aligned. Hubby and I went to Michael's yesterday {well, I kind of "coerced" him to go with me} and found this dollar stamp that perfectly conveys my feelings of "pushing the pencil" and "flying high" to a whole new world of endless discoveries.


On to the next isle was a huge sale of Slice Cordless Cutting Machine which I got for 29 bucks and cartridges are sold for 5 bucks {it was Christmas morning again!!!} so I got crazy and took everything that my 2 hands can handle. The sentiment on the card is from Sing and Dance Slice cartridge. I added glitters on the wings to make it the focal point of the card.


Back to my "explore and discover" mode. Here's what I wrote on my idea notebook:


Let 2012 my year to EXPLORE
... my personal relationship with my God
... new ways to show my family how much I love and adore them
... my passion in paper crafting and dancing
... Peruvian and Ethiopian cuisine

... the art of calligraphy

... my stock knowledge in speaking Spanish
... the "magic" of Harry Potter in Florida

... the life of Antoine de Saint-Exupery
and ... my hidden strength to do what I am capable of accomplishing

Cheers to a new year of endless possiblities!
Mei Ann

2 comments:

  1. what an inspiring card. fly high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful take on the sketch! I love the offset scalloped borders and that unique image. Such a great story behind the card, too. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...