Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best Cross Award No More!

When I was lot younger, I always look forward to going with my mom to church on Ash Wednesday so I can get that "black thing' on my forehead. I would try my very best not to touch it so I would win the "best cross contest" my friends and I would play at the end of the day. Oh to be a child again ... when life is just a game to play!

Yesterday, when Fr. Laszlo made the sign of the cross on my forehead with the ash, he said "repent and spread the Gospel". Tough call huh? Life is not simply a game anymore. I've realized that a long time ago.

This time I touched the ash ... no friends to beat for the best cross award... this time the ash reminded me of my immortality. A borrowed life which hopefully I will be able to return to it's rightful Maker in due time .... maybe bruised, sinned, and broken several times but forgiven, loved and worthy to be called daughter of Christ!!!

Here's an entry to my journal ... February 17th 2010 ... Ash Wednesday.



2 comments:

  1. hi mei ann. thank you for dropping by my page.

    your post reminded me of the people who flocked church last Wednesday...the reason why Jesus dies on the cross.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mei ann. thank you for dropping by my page.

    your post reminded me of the people who flocked church last Wednesday...the reason why Jesus dies on the cross.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...