Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Cross of Christ

The season of Lent is by far the most important foundation of my faith. The forty days of prayers, fasting and alms-giving started on Ash Wednesday and in the next three days, I will join millions of Catholics around the world in remembering the passion of our Lord.

On Maundy Thursday, we will recall the last supper highlighted by Jesus washing the feet of the disciples.

On Good Friday, we will come together in prayers and reflections as we accompany Jesus carrying the cross to Golgotha.

On Black Saturday, we will wait patiently for the resurrection of our Lord.....


{As I carry my own cross,
I will never forget that He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders.
There's no reason why He would not carry me....}

Have a meaningful and restful Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...